Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Six Months Old / Kids, kids, kids.

My how time flies. I can't believe my brand new little baby is already 6 months old! His 6 month check-up is on Thursday. I can't wait to find out what he weighs and how tall he is. Sure, I could weigh and measure him here at home, but it seems so much more official to get the low down at McDreamy's office. I know that he fits perfectly in size 12-18 month clothes.

One thing is for sure - he's a sweetheart. Just a love. It's a known fact that I'm a baby addict, and this guy isn't helping my addiction at all. I adore him and his cute baby ways. His toes. His BIG beautiful still-to-be-determined eyes (I think they are at least green-ISH.) I love how he cuddles into me. How he lights up when his Daddy comes home. I love watching him study a new toy.....eyebrows furled, lips pursed, touching it with his dimpled little hands, and turning it around so carefully before instinctively shoving it into his mouth. I love how he GOBBLES his fruit puree's down with such gusto and happiness. I love how he looks at his brothers and how they look at and play with him. Sigh. My baby. What can I say? He's my most wonderful one yet. I know, I know. I shouldn't say that. I adore my boys to the moon and back and they know it. I just mean that in terms of the "sweet" factor, this baby takes the cake. I can't quite explain it....it's his disposition. He has a beautiful soul.


Believe it or not, I find myself thinking about having another baby in a couple of years. N and R are so close! I don't want Jack to feel left out. I oughtta knock out one more so that he has a sibling who is closer in age. Uh....Did you buy that excuse? I'm so grossly impractical. Seriously. What kind of crack am I on?? I think that as long as I'm young enough, I'm going to keep wanting another one. I just love them! I'm crazy like that. I know that I'm at least a little bit crazy, because these boys? These boys drive me NUTS. Seriously. They cause me to see red at least once a day. At least. What can I say? I sort of like craziness. The wrestling. The potty jokes. The loudness. The stickiness. Crackers and play dough in my carpet. I must on some level....enjoy these things! These kids are just so fun though. Never a dull moment around here. You know, between the beatings they give each other over matchbox cars, and their perfecting the fine skill of burping the alphabet.

Today R. told me that he loved me because my hair is "stylish" and because I'm "a darling." And so, I forgave him for flushing wads of non-flushable wipes down the toilet and clogging it up.
Again.








2 comments:

nb said...

I love the reddish peach fuzz on Jack's head!

I gotta admit to a pang of jealousy reading about how cuddly he is. Cuddling are those make-up-for-it moments, when all the troubles of the day drain away, when you're overcome with how much you love them. Hugs from your baby are the big payoff. My first baby was very cuddly, my second less so (surprisingly), but my third...forget it. Half the time I think she's cuddling, she's just wiping her nose on my shirt!

Now Hear This, babies of the world: Hug Your Mom! Like Jack!

they call me mama said...

What great pictures, Jack looks so healthy and happy and perfect. Why not have a 4th? You are young and healthy and a wonderful mom, and you make such beautiful, red-headed, freckle-faced boys. The world needs more of them. ;)