Saturday, June 28, 2008

Chickens on the Move


When Big Al suggested that it was time to take the training wheels off of R.'s bike, I told him there was no way that he was ready for a two-wheeler. Boy was I wrong! Within moments, my four year old was riding his bike minus the training wheels. Very impressive if you ask me....I was eight when I learned how to do that! So either I have a very coordinated boy, or he has a very uncoordinated mother.




Jack turned 10 months old this week and has decided that he's finally ready to put his knees to good use. No more combat crawling for him! He has also discovered clapping his hands (adorable) and standing all by himself! By the looks of things, he'll be a 13 month old walker like his brothers. It makes me sad to be losing my baby to toddlerhood. I know I still have some time left....but it's just unbelievable how fast they grow.



I've been wondering for weeks if Jack was saying "Mama" or if it was just my imagination, but now I know for sure. Jack is calling me "Mama." Finally a baby who says "Mama" before "Dada." It's the least he can do.


He's growing up....slowly but surely....he's turning from a baby to a little boy. And you know what happens when my babies grow into kids....I find myself wanting another baby!


It's sort of like the Easter chicks that turn into chickens. The chicks are so cute and sweet...and the chickens....well....sort of big and ugly....but usually pleasant. Don't get me wrong - I like the big ugly chickens. They are more than welcome to stay, eat their weight in breakfast cereal, and poop in my living room. But eventually, I find myself wanting a new little Easter Chick.....those little yellow chicks....who doesn't love a fuzzy little chick? Honestly, I'm hoping that I don't get the urge for another. My hands are more than full with my three awesome (and exhausting) boys...but you never know.

No comments: