Friday, March 23, 2007

Three

Today, my little boy is three years old. I can't believe how the time has flown by. I can still remember being in the hospital with him after he was born. 9 lbs, 12 oz. of total chubby cuteness. So beautiful. I'll admit that my big boy was sort of a funny looking newborn - in a sweet way of course. But my little boy was just so perfect looking. The nurses would come in to admire him, and to comment that he was the biggest baby in the nursery that week!












Three years later, my little boy is fiesty and clever in a wonderfully maddening kind of way. If I'm in a place of lots of energy and patience - I admire the positive parts of these qualities. I like a kid with a little "kick" to his/her personality. Hmmmm, I wonder why? At other times, when I'm "DONE" as I sometimes say - his personality is a difficult one to deal with. He's stubborn, and tireless, and wants to do things his way. Most of the time though, he's a joy. The laughter that he inspires in this house.....well....we ALL laugh a lot. He laughs a lot too - such a deep, genuine, laugh - and I don't know what a day would be like without hearing it at least one time.

He's a character, my little boy.

His newest thing, is that he wants "A Hug, A Kiss, and A Bonk-Bonk."
It's adorable - He'll come over to sit in my lap, cuddle up under my chin and tell me in his sweet voice that he wants a hug, a kiss, and a bonk-bonk. He'll hold my face in his hands and kiss me on the lips, then hug my face to his face, and then we do quick "bonk-bonks" - noggin to noggin. I love it. It's so him.

Happy Birthday my darling boy......I love you to the moon and back.

Make a wish!

No comments: