Monday, May 28, 2007

It went something like this -

Big Al: So, (cracking open a Memorial Day beer) I've decided that there's a name for the baby that I like better than "Jack."
Me: Tough.
Big Al: No really, just hear me out. I just don't like "Jack" as much as you do.
Me: Listen Honey, it's on the scrapbook. In Man Terms that means that it's WRITTEN IN BLOOD.
Big Al: I like the name "Drew."
Me: Well, I really liked the name "TESS"
I am instead getting a baby named "JACK"
I like the name "Jack", so "JACK" it is!!!
Big Al: (understanding that he isn't going to win this one)
Me: I'm in love with this little guy, and wouldn't trade *him* for a "Tess", but the fact is - this is my THIRD FREAKIN' SON and DAMMIT - I'm picking the name.
I mean really......
Big Al: ok.

1 comment:

MommaWriter said...

LOL. I guess you can't blame the guy for trying, huh? Glad you stuck with Jack though...because *I* think you deserve to have it your way this time *and* because...Drew...really?