Monday, July 9, 2007

"Something is Missing........a BABY! This room needs a baby "


Here are pictures of Jack's nursery! This room is so sweet. I just want to sit in that glider, think about babies, and never leave. The pictures I took of the changing area/dresser and little green refinished table didn't turn out (finger in front of the flash - brilliant). I didn't take pictures of every little shelf, detail, etc. but here are a few highlights!


Once the baby can pull-up, I'll be re-arranging some things so that he can't grab that light on the wall!







The little blue dresser (total score at TJ Maxx or as I call it: "TJ-I'm-in-love-with-you" holds receiving blankets. Love the Humpty Dumpty lamp - on clearance from Land of Nod. And the glider? Perfect shape (ideally it would have been natural wood to match our third-time-around crib, but that's okay) and I found it on Craigslist for $30. The kicker? The people who sold it to me live about 3 blocks away. I love it when things work out perfectly like that.


I LOVE this sweet little owl print I found on Etsy.com - my new favorite website.



This "J" wall hanging was another recent 1-o'-clock-in-the-morning activity! I had gotten a plain, unfinished, wooden "J" and wasn't sure what to do with it. A little paint, scrapbook paper, distressing ink, and my cute new Sassafrass Lass "Oliver and Friends" owl stamps and here it is. Oh, and buttons, metal letters, and modge podge of course.


Whew. I'm definitely in the home stretch. Yesterday's BH contractions were almost scary. For me to have to stop what I'm doing and take a few deep breaths....well.....not so fun. I realized as I sat down that I had been on about 4 hours worth of errands, cleaning, cooking, etc. without a stop and maybe that's why I was having a hard time. Hmm. Ya' think?

Anyway, I'm excited for this little guy to get here. Scared to death about the c-section and hospital stay, but excited. I actually told my Ob/Gyn at my last visit that in a recent dream, I sat up on the operating table, grabbed him by the coat collar, and said "Look. I can't die today. Don't "F" this up." He laughed and assured me that third c-sections are almost always complication-free. It's once you start having 4, 5, or more c-sections that it can get a little sketchy.

Plus, I'm such a control freak - I hate to leave the boys and my house for 5 days! I also hate that I have to "recover," and have nurses that I don't know bring my baby to me and then take him away again. Big Al will stay with me overnight on the day of Jack's birth so that he can follow the baby back and forth, but as soon as I'm able to walk around (usually the next day I think) I'll be doing that. I'm just so paranoid that I'll get one of those freaky fake-nurses who will steal my baby.

Oh! Well, hello there crazy-pregnancy-thinking! Gets me every time.....

No comments: