Monday, July 23, 2007

A Stellar Day.....All things considered.

Things to "consider," are that it's been a thousand degrees outside, and I'm as big as an RV.

We went to a new park today (new to us anyway) with some friends and had such a nice time. Going to the park with friends (friends for the boys as well as myself!) is WAY more fun than going it alone. For starters, BB and LB don't feel the need to bring every wheeled object they own if they know that they'll have some of their buddies around to play with. This park really tired them out, as there were five different slides that started at the top of a hill. In order to slide down again, they had to climb up a ton of stairs. Works for me! Run kids, run. Thankfully, LB didn't try to escape beyond the borders of the park and into a nearby neighborhood. BH contractions were in full force, so I basically "parked it" on a bench, chatted with my friend, and enjoyed my Diet Pepsi while the kids played. On one or two occassions, the older kids tried take off but my friend was all over it as she has three kids and wasn't afraid to scream at them across the park (a girl after my own heart).
It has worked out that BB has made friends with kids who have siblings who are almost exactly the same age as LB. All the older kids went to preschool together for two years, and now all the younger ones will be starting preschool together in the Fall. Generations......
I'm always really proud of how nicely my boys play with other kids. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm just super proud of them in general. They may act up for their Dad and I (and they occasionally pound each other), but they're great with other people! Always respectful and kind. I want my boys to be known as "nice" boys, and for the most part - I think they are.
After our trip to the park, we stopped at the ice cream store for a treat. I managed to bring the camera in (like a big dork) for some summer ice cream pictures. I forgot to bring the camera into the park with me and had to make up for it somehow!
CUTE - Exhibits A and B:



When we got home, BOTH boys took a two hour nap. Talk about winning the lottery. As if that weren't enough, my darling husband brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for no reason! When I asked him what the occasion was, he said "Because I love you, and you're beautiful, and you're pregnant! I'd be a jerk not to bring you flowers at least once while we're waiting for Jack." I love that guy. I know I've said this before, but he just keeps getting cuter. Men age like fine wine and women age like cheese.....Is that how the saying goes? Anyway.....I still get butterflies when he smiles at me.....even when he does so while leaving his stinky socks NEXT TO the hamper. What's up with that?!? Anyway, besides being all kinds of handsome - he's just awesome. He's really "grown" into an excellent husband (he's always been pretty great at being a Daddy). When we got married, we had already had BB....and we just sort of jumped in. I don't think either of us knew whether or not we were going to pull this whole "married grown-ups" thing off - but so far we have, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Now if I can just get a hold of this terrible c-section fear I'm having! You guys - if anything happens to me, print out the good blog posts and give them to Big Al. He's awesome, but not so awesome that he has bothered to set up a log-in for my blog!

No comments: