Tuesday, July 24, 2007

When it Rains it Pours

Three posts in one day - how 'bout that.

I just wanted to make note of a few funny conversations I've had with the boys.

LB (third time asking) - "Please Mommy?? Please can I have a sip of your drink?"
Me (it's diet sprite, so I don't want to make a habit of it) - "Oh, alright - but only a little bit"
LB - "NO! I want a BIG bit!"

***********
BB was watching me make Big Al's sandwich for today's lunch last night and commented that I was really good at making sandwiches.
"I should get a job at Togo's!" I joked.
Shaking his head...."No Mommy....you can't get a job at Togo's because you have too much work to do here." Throws his hands up - "There just isn't enough time in the day!"

************
Today in the car, I was telling the little boy that *his* swimming lessons start next week (he's been insanely jealous of the fact that his brother has been swimming and he hasn't.)
BB gets a worried look on his face....."Well, how deep is the pool? What if he chokes on a whole bunch of water? What if the teacher doesn't watch him and he drowns? What if he can't hold his breath?"
I told him that he would be fine in a class with other 3 year olds. The teachers would take care of him, and either Mommy or Daddy would be there watching, and the pool is the same pool that he swims in, etc."

The big boy looks at me like I've completely lost my mind, crosses his arms, lets out a big defeated sigh and says: "I've got reservations about the whole thing Mommy."

**********
Lastly, the boys are very proud of themselves because they know how to spell POOP. They recite it often. P-O-O-P spells POOP.

Nice.

No comments: