Saturday, December 15, 2007

Baby's First Christmas Stocking











With every new baby comes a new Christmas stocking. In keeping with my current theme/obsession, I wanted a very sweet owl-y/wintery stocking for my little guy. When I couldn't find one anywhere (imagine that), I had to take matters into my own hands.


I bought the new, already (name) embroidered, velvet Pottery Barn stocking off of ebay, and then commissioned the wool needle felted owls and hats from a lovely etsy crafter. My only contribution was adding buttons to the hats, and holly berries, and whip-stitching the whole thing together. I'm not very good at hand stitching, but it was the least I could do. I'm happy with it! I'm sure I'll have to get Jack a more boyish stocking down the road, but I like this for now. I am however, hatching a plan that involves a tiny brush and fabric paint......his name would look so much better in red or green.


It's hard to believe that where there was once two.....then three....then four.....there are now FIVE stockings!

No comments: